Friday, June 22, 2007

Playin´ at Westland

These cute little guys and gals (plus about 20 more) have been a joy for me...albeit an exhaustive joy! I´ve had the pleasure of teaching english each week to first and second graders at a small school called Westland. To be more exact, I am teaching geography in english...which is really a quite basic level of geography given the ages and english levels of the little ones. Volunteering on a regular basis has been a wonderful connection to another aspect of Costa Rican culture--each week I learn more, first hand, about the education system...as well as what it takes to maintain some minute level of classroom management! The staff and children have been so welcoming of me, and so I always look forward to Thursdays´ high dosage of hugs!

2 comments:

1234 said...

Those kids are so adorable. Look at those smiles! No wonder you love Thursdays.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dismiss Idle Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Find Movies, Games, Music, Applications & Download Them at Maxed Out Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]