Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Club Presentations

As part of my role as an ambassador of goodwill, as a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar, I give presentations to Rotary and non-Rotary audiences. Through these presentations, the idea is to personally help further international understanding by sharing of myself and of my experiences. Talking about my home country and culture allows for further cultural exchange, as when I later return home after my scholarship year, I am also required to visit with Rotary clubs and non-Rotary audiences alike to share about my experiences here in Costa Rica.

Meghan and I thought we better partner-up to share about our home country and our neighboring states--Minnesota and Iowa. Our presentation, entitled Service Above Self in Costa Rica: "Las Megans", shares about the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship and why we chose to apply, what we are each studying, if we like Costa Rica (and the answer, of course, is "Si!"), about our families, our home states and where we worked prior to coming to Costa Rica.

The video above captures one such presentation---which was given to the joint meeting of the Rotary and Rotaract clubs of Heredia, the city where we live and study. We have loved getting to know both of these clubs and they have warmly received us. We were honored to be able to share our presentation with them at this special end of the Rotary year meeting, where both club presidents were honored for their exceptional service to their clubs and to the betterment of Rotary and Rotaract in Costa Rica.

After each presentation, it is customary to exchange club flags, Meghan and I each presenting the club flags from our home clubs in the U.S. Hope you enjoyed the video!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.